Things I've been thankful for recently:
- GRADUATING WITH MY MASTERS DEGREE IN CHEMISTRY THIS WEEK!!! :D
- An awesome day adventuring to the rugby with some fabulous friends this weekend
- My parents arriving safely back from a trip
- Making healthy life choices
- Getting such fabulous response regarding my blog
- Getting into the lab for the first time since I finished my masters research
- Pretty dragonflies and butterflies in the back garden!
- Rediscovering some old favourites in my music library
- Visits from old friends
- Perfect lattes from Hazz to start the day
- The most amazing friends, who I am SO lucky to have!
- Nonsense emails or Whatsapp messages that make me smile
- The chemistry community - in my building, at my university, in SA, on twitter, everywhere!
- Finally getting over a big admin hurdle
- The fact that I'm privileged enough to be able to eat, live, etc even though I'm still waiting to get funding for this year
- Birthday roses :)
- Our society AlchemUS growing in success - we started it from scratch 1.5 years ago and it's so exciting to see where it's going!
- Pillows that smell faintly of your favourite perfume
- Those rare moments when you let go of everything and can enjoy a moment of inner peace
- Mornings where you wake up 30 minutes before your alarm, so you can enjoy a short lie-in (I can't remember the last time I slept past 7, I'm usually up way before then, so I'm thankful for any bit of a lie-in!)
- Casual drinks with friends after work - the perfect end to long days
- Finally getting answers to something that's been bugging me for ages
- Making new friends :) (This does not come easy for an introvert!)
- Planning exciting adventures for the near future :)
What are you thankful/grateful for this week?