There are several good lip scrubs available on the market, but scrubs are so incredibly easy to make that I can't see a good reason to pay for one (especially when on a budget). This simple lip scrub will take you less than 2 minutes to make (including getting things out of the kitchen cupboard).
What will you need:
- Sugar: This will act as your exfoliant. I prefer to use soft brown sugar, but you can increase or decrease the particle size depending on what you need.
- Honey: Honey is well known as a great moisturizer. (Plus, it smells really pretty!)
- Oil: This will help create the right consistency. I use sweet oil (from the pharmacy) because it has a relatively neutral scent, but you can use olive oil, almond oil, coconut oil, etc.
- Vaseline (optional): I don't always add this, but it will make your scrub more "spreadable" by binding it together. (If you don't want to use Vaseline, I have heard that shea butter is a good replacement)
- A teaspoon or two, and a small mixing bowl.
What you need to do:
Place about 1/2 a teaspoon of honey in your small bowl.
And that's it!
For best results, use your lip scrub twice a week. Gently massage a pea-sized blob into your lips - you can either lick the excess off (especially if you didn't add the Vaseline) or wipe your lips clean with a tissue. And voila! Soft, smooth, kissable lips :)