1. Cupcake Frosting Shower Gel by Body Thrills: This is the most gorgeous smelling shower gel I've ever tried! It's made with crushed vanilla pods (you can see a few whole pods in the bottle!), coconut, soy milk, shea butter and cocoa butter - it quite literally smells like my vanilla buttercream icing! Plus, like all Body Thrills products, it's free of preservatives and other harmful chemicals, so you know it's good for your skin. The Body Thrills website calls it "perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth, without any of the calories". Yes indeed! (available here)
2. Vanilla Lipbalm by Udder Indulgence: I picked up this lipbalm on a recent visit to Fairview's shop/deli (in search of heavenly cheese!). A friend picked it up, with the knowledge of my vanilla addiction, and I just had to try it! I'd never heard of lipbalm made with goat's milk before, but I was pleasantly surprised with this one. It's nice and moisturizing, and smells of just enough heavenly vanilla. If I see it again, I'll be repurchasing!
3. Vanilla EDT by The Body Shop: I repurchased this Vanilla eau de toilette yesterday, taking advantage of the sale currently on (this was less 40%). Its a clean, sweet, soft vanilla and is perfect for days when I don't feel like wearing a heady or complex fragrance.
4. Caramel & Cream range by Woolworths SA: I'm using the hand wash at the moment and loving it - can't wait to try out the rest of the range! The products smell of rich caramel, with undertones of milk and honey - every bit as decadent as it sounds! Bonus: they're super afforable. (check out the pictured foam bath over here).
5. Lemon Nougat & Honey Coconut Body Butter by Body Thrills: I treated myself to this body butter at the beginning of winter and it's been a godsend! The butter just melts into your skin, leaving you moisturized and glowing! Coconut, together with shea butter, help moisturize the skin, honey is both moisturizing and a natural antibacterial compound, lemon is cleansing and refreshing and nougat (!) is rich in antioxidants, to renew tired skin. After a shower with my Cupcake Frosting shower gel, followed by a liberal amount of this, I smell like an actual cupcake. Heaven. (available here)
6. Handmade Vanilla Fudge by Woolworths SA: I normally make my own fudge, but sometimes I want just a taste without having to make (and subsequently eat!) an entire batch. This fudge is soft, sweet and has just a hint of vanilla: perfect for when I want to occasionally indulge my sweet tooth. (available here)
7. Caramel Vodka by Lovoka: This "Liquid Gold" hit SA big time last year and has become a household name - everyone loves it! I always keep a chilled bottle of this in my flat - it's amazing! (It's also rare to find a flavoured liqueur that actually tastes as good as it smells!) (check it out here)
8. Gold Tone "Love" Ring from River Island: For a little bit of cream and gold in my wardrobe (which tends to be more grey and silver), I wear this ring fairly often. Simple, but I love it. (available here)
PS: And with perfect timing, this recipe for homemade salted caramel sauce (from Say Yes to Hoboken) just popped up in my blogfeed :) Can't wait to try it!