I came across this challenge on Polka Spots and Freckle Dots, run by the lovely Louise, and thought this was a cute idea to participate in. If you're keen to join in, post a link to your blog in the comment section :)
Day 3: Eight Fears
- Seaweed: I have no idea what's behind this completely irrational fear, but I will shriek like a girl if you approach me on the beach holding seaweed. ( My friends have never abused this for their own entertainment. *sarcasm sign* ) It just completely freaks me out. I didn't go into the ocean for almost two years after a piece of seaweed wrapped itself around my foot.
- Heights: A far more predictable fear. I get dizzy and lightheaded just thinking about it.
- Being surprised: Yes, I will jump a foot in the air if you jump out at me or sneak up on me. I also hate the idea of a surprise party and cannot fathom why anyone ever would consider that a good idea.
- Running out of wine: Ok, not a real fear. But there's a deep disappointment in opening the cupboard and realizing you don't have a bottle of wine.
- The internet going down: Because this always seems to happen when you really need to be connected, such as when doing important research, or having a life-changing conversation with someone.
- Snails: This one's like the seaweed thing. Just completely freaks me out.
- Failure: Not just in the "no one likes to fail" way. As in the "I will literally lie awake for nights on end stressing about something I can't actually control because the fear of not achieving what is expected of me just eats me up inside" way.
- Being alone forever: Well, this one's kind of self-explanatory...