- The feeling of accomplishment when you complete something before the deadline.
- That butterflies-in-your-stomach feeling when you see THAT person.
- Oversized sunglasses.
- My hair finally being long enough to braid again.
- My "Turn the Wheel of Time" tote bag that I got through Facebook.
- Super-hot showers.
- Having my own bedroom, after sharing with a roommate for 5 years.
- Being selfish and blowing off an evening's plans to spend the night on the couch with series, chocolate and wine.
- Fresh summer fruit. Currently addicted to strawberries and peaches!
- Flowers everywhere! Especially my birthday orchid, and the pink pot plant on my desk at work.
- My chemistry reactions finally working again!!! :)
- My brother and flatmate. Who puts up with my nonsense 24/7 - and still washes the dishes.
- Red wine ♥
- All the crazy and amazing chemists I work/study with. Some mornings, the only thing pulling me through is the thought of lunchtime in the quad.
- My smartphone (a Samsung Galaxy SII). After going through 10 dumbphones in as many years, this one has changed my life!
- Going back to the parental homestead for Saturday/Sunday, spending time with the family, going to church and just relaxing. Best.
- Camembert with preserved figs/watermelon.
- Free perfume samples!
- Raiding my mom's wardrobe for vintage gems.
- My folding fans - a chic way of staying cool in the Stellenbosch heat.
- My MSc supervisor being back from his sabbatical in Germany.
- Being a fairly competent baker.
- Sitting on my balcony and watching the stars.
Tuesday, 13 March 2012
"Be Thankful" Tuesdays
Labels: be thankful